3 holiday lets sleeping from 2 to 8Charming, character barn conversions dating from the C17th, set in the midst of the glorious Herefordshire countryside.
The cottages are situated in the rolling uplands above the Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, a short drive from Symonds Yat. Located at the end of a private drive, they provide a secluded and tranquil base from which to explore the area.
The barns adjoin each other and can be let singly or in a variety of combinations to sleep 2, 4, 6 or 8. Recently converted by local craftsmen, they skilfully combine contemporary design with traditional features. You will find oak beams and reclaimed wooden floors along with all the modern conveniences of the C21st including under floor heating, fully equipped kitchens and even an air purification system. Each cottage has a Smart HD TV with Freeview, Blu-Ray player, free WI FI and a HI-FI.
The owners have paid great attention to detail regarding accessibility and every effort has been made to ensure a comfortable stay. Valley View offers full wheelchair access and boasts rise and fall kitchen work surfaces, bedroom dressing table and bathroom sink. The ensuite wetroom has a hand-basin and mirror that are electrically height adjustable.
The spectacular landscape of the marches is the perfect holiday destination. Its rolling hills and wooded valleys have been fought over by princes and kings for centuries and are peppered with the medieval fortifications. Discover the castle towns of Monmouth and Chepstow or visit the ruins of the mighty Goodrich Castle and the ethereally beautiful Tintern Abbey. Visit the charming riverside town of Ross or travel a little further afield to the ancient city of Hereford, just 15 miles away.
If you are looking for something a little more energetic, head for the River Wye for its many opportunities for canoeing and kayaking. The Forest of Dean offers excellent trails for both walking and cycling as well as High Ropes and other adrenaline activities.
Locally we have a fantastic shop and delicatessen who can provide hampers and all sorts of delicious goodies. The local pub is just under a mile away.
Valley View (sleeps 2) – Ground floor accommodation offering full wheelchair accessibility
- 5 star and National Accessibility Grading H2, V1 and M3
- Kitchen/diner with rise and fall work surfaces and fully accessible sink and hob.
- Living room
-Twin bedroom with zip and link beds and rise and fall dressing table.
- Wheelchair accessible ensuite wet room with rise and fall sink.
- 2 Patios
Cider Cottage (sleeps 2)
– 5 star and National Accessibility Grading H2, V1 and M1
- Open plan dining area / kitchen /sitting room
- Private patio
- Upstairs double bedroom with ensuite wetroom
Bramble’s Cottage Cottage (sleeps 4)
The cottage has internal access to both Cider Cottage and Valley View if required and can be let with the others in any combination, sleeping 4, 6 or 8.
– 4 star and National Accessibility Grading H2, V1 and M1
- Oak framed glazed panels in the stead of the original barn doors give fabulous views over the country side. The mezzanine takes full advantage of this wonderful feature and provides a wonderful place to relax.
- Open plan dining area with space for 8 / kitchen /sitting room
- 2 ensuite bedrooms (one double and one twin with electrically adjustable beds). Both enjoy fabulous views over the countryside
- Ground floor cloakroom which can accommodate wheelchairs
- Private patio
Additional equipment available on request:
Crockery and cutlery suitable for those with dexterity and or visual issues
Personal inductive loop
Talking measuring jug
Talking Kitchen scales
Vibrating under-pillow fire alert system with power failure back up
Mybelle 650 big button telephone
BDP 400 talking telephone with large display
Large print Scrabble
Large print playing Cards
Wheelchair for use in showers
Cot and high chair for the younger guests