Single holiday let sleeping up to 6 guests in total
Step back in time to a more elegant age with this beautiful thatched Georgian cottage on the Lyme Regis sea front
Built in 1818, this charming character cottage has it all: a superb location just yards from the beach, chocolate box looks and inside, bags of period charm. The beautiful bay windows, low ceilings and gently sloping floors give the house an appropriately nautical feel. The sea views are magnificent and climbing the spiral staircase to find a bedroom under the eaves just adds to the romantic allure.
Illustrious guests have included Captain Marryat, the author of “The Children of the New Forest “ and of many sea stories, the artist and caricaturist Cruikshank, and the poet Walter de la Mare.
The house is attractively and comfortably furnished and peppered with antiques. The kitchen has been newly fitted and there are 3 bedrooms, each with excellent beds and its own private bathroom/ensuite.
The cottage’s location means that it is an easy walk to the many pubs, restaurants, delis, and artisan shops in this attractive seaside town. There is plenty to do around Lyme Regis - fishing trips from the harbour, fossil hunting at Charmouth and Monmouth Beaches. Little ones will love exploring the rock pools in front of the cottage when the tide is out. There are a host of festivals held in the town through out the year and of course the magnificent Jurassic coastline offers plenty of opportunities for watersports and adventure activities.
The accommodation consists of:
• Elegant Living room with seating for six. Romantic bow window seats looking out over the ocean.
• Dining room with sea view
• Newly fitted and fully equipped kitchen
• Ground floor utility room
• Ground floor shower room and wc.
• First floor bedroom (1) with 5’ double bed, bay window and fabulous sea views. Private bathroom with bath, shower and a separate w.c.
• First floor bedroom (2) with a nautical theme – 2 single beds and 2 separate study areas; a mini-lounge with TV/video and separate small adjoining room with desk. Ensuite with large shower cubicle, separate. w.c.
• 2nd floor bedroom (3) – a romantic bedroom in the eaves of the house, hidden at the top of steep spiral stairs. Sea views from gable window. Opt for twin beds or a king-size double ( 6'6). ensuite, bath, thermo-shower attachment, w.c.
• Outside a small patio on first floor level – with secluded gazebo.
• There is an exclusive use lock-up garage available for guests – approximately an easy 8 minute stroll from the cottage. Guests are able to unload directly in front of the cottage via The Cart Lane.
Step back in time to a more elegant age with this beautiful thatched Georgian cottage on the Lyme Regis sea front. Just steps from the beach, this comfortable cottage with 'chocolate-box' looks and plenty of period charm is the perfect location for a holiday to remember. Fabulous sea views and a short stroll to the iconic Cobb and harbour and the town's many shops, pubs and restaurants.
From from £695 to £1880 per week.Weekend Breaks (3 nights, friday to Monday morning) and Midweek Breaks (4 nights, Monday to Friday morning) available out of high season.
Booking is online at our home website. a deposit of 30% is due to confirm, the balance payable 8 weeks prior to your stay.All pillows, duvets and towels are provided within the cost of hire: please bring your own beach towels.