Multiple holiday lets sleeping up to 0 guests in total
Sleeps 16+ 4 (20)
Close to the vibrant seaside town of Weymouth, yet set in its own tranquil oasis of woods and parkland, Lorton House is an elegant Victorian county house sleeping 16+4.
Perfect for ‘coast and country’ holidays, this lovely property offers spacious accommodation and 16 acres of grounds to explore. A grand entrance hall, high windows that drench the rooms with light, tasteful furnishings and open fires all give the property an ‘elegant yet relaxed’ feel that makes it the perfect place to recover after a busy day on the beach. The dining room seats 20 and gives a celebratory meal that touch of grandeur. The spacious kitchen/diner boasts an Aga along with an electric oven / hob and is perfect for more informal meals. The drawing room with its comfy sofas, open fire and French windows that open out onto the garden, is a lovely space for lazy evenings in. Why not host a tournament night and head to the cellar where you will find a full sized billiard table.
The property borders the meadows and ancient woodland of the Lorton Valley nature reserves and a footpath runs from the grounds and connects with the Legacy Trail, taking the wanderer down to the sea and over to the lonely grasslands and limestone cliffs of Portland Bill.
Weymouth truly has something for all the family - the 3 miles of golden sand and traditional bucket and spade delights will please everybody. Teenagers will love the opportunities for water sports and the bustling nightlife in the cafes and bars. For something completely different, dare them to visit the Escape Dungeons, 3 small rooms secreted underneath the Esplanade - they need to solve the clues and hidden messages to escape!
The town has a vibrant cultural life with many festivals and events being held throughout the year. There are also many quality family attractions to enjoy. Explore the underwater world from the safety of dry land - Weymouth Sea Life Adventure Park is home to over 1000 creatures. For a bird's eye view, The Jurassic Skyline viewing tower takes you 174ft above the town and slowly rotates to give you 360 degrees of uninterrupted panoramic vistas.
If you want some retail therapy there are plenty of independent shops along the towns pretty Georgian streets and don’t miss Brewers Quay – the local arts, crafts and antiques emporium. After a morning’s shopping, a coffee or glass of wine in one of the many cafes, gastrobars or restaurants is a must.
Lorton House is the ideal location from which to explore the beautiful county of Dorset. With the dramatic scenery of the Jurassic coast and the soft, rolling countryside of the interior - replete with historic sites, there is so much to do, you will have to plan your next visit!
- Grand entrance hall
- Light and spacious drawing room with open fire, French windows to lawns and patio
- Elegant dining room seating up to 20 and with open fire
- Fully equipped kitchen/ breakfast room with: 4 oven Aga, Additional electric oven with hob, Microwave oven, Dishwasher, American style fridge/freezer, Washing Machine, High chair available
- Cellar with full sized billiard table
- 8 double/twin bedrooms (two with sofa beds)
- 2 with ensuite shower rooms
- 2 with ensuite bathrooms (which can also be communal)
- 2 additional WCs
- 1 additional bathroom
- Cot available
- Furnished patio area with gas fired BBQ
- Pretty gazebo with seating and sea view
- Woodland walk
- Extensive lawns and parkland
Set in 16 acres of woods and parkland, bordered by nature reserves and with beautiful views down to the coast, Lorton House is an elegant rural retreat, just 2-3 miles from the bustling seaside town of Weymouth. Footpath to the sea from the grounds. Perfect for ‘coast and country’ holidays.
Winter Rate: October - March
- Weekend or Midweek break - £1,950
- Week - £2,950- Christmas - £4,750 (week only)
- New Year - £4,950 (week only)
- Easter - £3,950 (week only)
Summer Rate: April - September
- Weekend or Midweek break - £2,500
- Week - £4,250Weekend runs from 4pm Friday - 10am Monday
Midweek runs from 4pm Monday - 10am Friday