Single holiday let sleeping up to 7 guests in total
Bramley Cottage is a charming 3 bedroom property with attractive, mature gardens in the glorious South Downs - a fabulous location for exploring West Sussex and Britain’s newest National Park! The cottage is also perfectly placed for groups attending one of the many events at Goodwood as the village lies at the foot of the Estate - the racecourse is only a mile away and it is just 5 miles to the Motor Circuit.
The pretty village of Singleton with its many traditional flint-fronted cottages is also home to the famous Weald and Downland Museum - a unique collection of 50 historic buildings which have been dismantled and rebuilt in this stunning 40 acre location. There are plenty of demonstrations and crafts on display - it really is a great way to immerse yourself in over 950 years of history.
The local countryside is quintessentially English and the surrounding hills offer plenty of scope for both walking and cycling. The chalk grasslands and the ancient woodland of the South Downs Way lie just 3 miles away on the other side of Singleton Forest. Explore the local nature reserves at Levin Down, West Dean Woods and Kingley Vale or travel a little further to the RSPB reserves at Pagham Harbour and Pulborough.
A short drive of less than 20 minutes brings you to the Georgian elegance of Chichester with its historic cathedral and plethora of pubs, restaurants, cafes and independent shops to explore. Ten more minutes and you reach the stunning Sussex coast. West Wittering’s Blue Flag beach is an inviting sandy expanse and give fabulous views over Chichester Harbour and across to the South Downs. Explore the sailing villages of Itchenor, Bosham and Dell Quay or take a nature cruise around the Harbour AONB. Alternatively discover the ‘bucket and spade’ delights of Bognor Regis, a wonderful example of the traditional seaside town.
The medieval splendour of Arundel Castle about 16 miles from the property, while the attractive market town of Midhurst and the brooding ruins of Cowdray Castle are 5 miles away.
The accommodation consists of:
- Open plan Kitchen /Dining Room - seating for six plus a high chair. The newly refurbished kitchen has a double oven & grill, a surface hob, dishwasher and fridge.
- Living Room with French windows and access to patio & garden. Seating for 6 and open fire
- Utility Room with additional sink, washing machine and large fridge/freezer and plenty of space for outdoor gear.
- Downstairs shower room and WC.
- Master bedroom with double bed and recliner (can be converted into a single for a young child), ensuite shower room/WC and lovely views of the Levin Down Nature Reserve
- Double bedroom
- Bedroom 3: single/double in 4ft 6 bed
- Bathroom with bath and over shower
All bedlinen, good quality duvets, comfortable pillows and additional covers are provided with bedside tables and lamps in all rooms.
- Lovely mature garden with "intermittent "chalk stream along the boundary. Plenty of fruit and herbs (in season). Look out for rhubarb, loganberries, strawberries, late raspberries and of course, Bramley apples.
- Two patio areas and BBQ
- Off road parking for 2 cars with additional space opposite the property.
- Cycles can be kept in the garage.
The owners provide lots of suggestions for local events and places of interest along with local history and wildlife information, current guides and board games.
Access notes: Please note there is a step to negotiate when entering via the front porch, and when accessing the rear garden from the back door or conservatory with a step down from the raised patio where care needs to be taken. The river bank is planted with shrubs and plants and there is a boundary wall to the village road; but the river boundary is unfenced and the drive is not gated and children will need to be supervised when playing in the garden.
Charming, traditional style cottage in the pretty village of Singleton on the edge of the Goodwood Estate in the South Downs National Park. Newly refurbished, the cottage is just 1 mile from Goodwood Racecourse and a short walk from the famous Weald and Downland Open Air Living History Museum. Historic Chichester is a 15 minute drive and the beaches of the beautiful Sussex coast are 25 minutes away.
Mid week breaks from £450.00
Weekend breaks from £400.00
Weekly price from £650.00