Single holiday let sleeping up to 4 guests in total
Sleeps 2 - 4 plus cot
The Lowe family invite you to visit Wren Cottage which is on the historic Grade 2 listed Fairboroughs Farm set in the beautiful Staffordshire Moorlands on the south west edge of the Peak District. The farm was part of the Environmentally Sensitive Area initiative for 20 years until it ended in 2013. However the family are dedicated to continuing to preserve the beautiful, ancient and natural environment in which they live. We have recently changed our heating to a green biomass system.
Look at our FACEBOOK page to see the beauty of the surroundings in which Wren Cottage is set and to see pictures of Red deer and other resident animals! Wifi is available.
In 2002 Wren Cottage was converted from a grade 2 listed stone traditional cow shed built in 1500's. It is situated at the end of a run of traditional stone barns and opens out onto the farm lawns and garden. Fairboroughs which is a working beef/sheep farm which also incoporates Fairboroughs Horse Riding Holidays.
It doesn't matter what time of year you visit Wren Cottage the idyllic setting offers a restful but interesting centre for your holiday. There is much wild life to be seen even a herd of wild Red Deer! Many visitors spend time watching the miriad of wild birds on the feeders in fact 22 varieties have been identified so far!
This is an ideal location for visitors who wish to explore Staffordshire, Derbyshire or Cheshire.It is also just a stride from Heaton House Farm Rushton Spencer which is a very popular wedding venue.
Wren cottage has been converted to a high standard with full central heating. It has constantly acheived a 4 star rating since it was opened in 2002.
The accomodation comprises :
- Sitting/dining room, 2 bedrooms 1 Double and 1 Twin bedded, fully fitted kitchen including dishwasher, microwave and fridge freezer, bathroom with bath and shower over.
- Linen and heating are included in the price
- There is a digital TV / DVD player.
- There is limited Wi Fi availability (the area has weak connections)
- Outside is the garden area with patio, barbeque and furniture.
- Laundry facilities are available at no extra cost.
- There is ample off road parking.
- A Cot and high chair are available.
- Welcome items on arrival.
- Sorry no pets or smoking allowed.
Converted 16th century barn, high specification. Exposed oak beams and architectural features. Modern comforts. Linen and heating included.Working beef/sheep farm set in the Staffordshire Moorlands. Stunning views. Ideal base for Peak District, Alton Towers, Potteries and Manchester.
Low season Â£270 per week
High Season Â£460 per week
Short breaks available (2 nights £80 -£100 per night)