Single holiday let sleeping up to 21 guestsBringing country living bang up to date - Eden is stylish, contemporary and chock- full of eco features that prove that it is no bit player when it comes to sustainable living.
The former home of the PR Consultant who inspired “Absolutely Fabulous”, this impressive property sleeps up to 21 guests - 12 in the main house, 9 in the adjacent annex. The buildings boast striking, double height living areas, and double aspect floor to ceiling windows. Outside there is a wonderful natural pond(unfenced), plenty of seating areas and a dining area. Make the most of your stay and book the optional 8 seater hot tub (additional costs apply).
The list of eco credentials is admirable - sustainable, renewable materials have been used throughout the build. Rainwater is collected and recycled. There is a private biotec sewage system and a wind turbine. You will also find geothermal heating, solar hot water, heat exchangers, air/water mix shower heads and low flush toilets.
Eden is in the heart of Wessex on the Somerset/Dorset border, and is surrounded by verdant countryside. A few miles from the Cranborne Chase AONB, the property is close to the attractive Georgian hillside towns of Bruton and Wincanton which lie to the north and south respectively. Have a flutter at Wincanton’s famous racecourse or the visit the celebrated Hauser and Wirth gallery at Bruton. There are also plenty of pubs, cafes and restaurants to discover.
There are many quality attractions within easy reach. Longleat Safari Park is a 17.4 mile journey whilst the stunning gardens of Stourhead are about a 10 minute drive away. Change the atmosphere and head out towards the Avalon Marshes and visit Glastonbury with its historic Abbey and lonely tor. Head north and you will find the eerie limestone caverns at Wookey Hole (approx 19 miles). The lovely cathedral city of Wells is just under 18 miles away. Bath and Salisbury are both 30 miles away. Travel further afield and both the Jurassic Coast and the New Forest are about an hour’s drive.
This property is available for hen weekends but not for parties.
• Double height sitting/dining room with fireplace and dining table seating 18.
• Kitchen- fully equipped with American fridge freezer, large gas range cooker, dishwasher and bespoke units. Breakfast table seating eight
• Ground floor bedrooms: 1 x Double bedroom, 1x3 singles
• Shower room- with loo and washbasin
• Utility room.
• First floor bedrooms: 1x master bedroom with super king and single bed, double ended bath in the bedroom – ensuite shower room, 2 x twin bedrooms
• Family bathroom with double ended bath
• Spacious double height sitting room/ games room
• 1x ground floor bedroom with two twin beds
• Adjacent wet room
• First floor bedrooms: 1x super king bedroom and cot. 1x 3 singles
• Bathroom with bath and WC
• 3 acres of grounds
• Natural pond
• Climbing frame and Wendy House
• 2 seating areas and an outside dining area
• Optional 8 seater hot tub (additional cost and please book in advance)